viernes, 10 de agosto de 2012

Why I'm an Echelon.


Today, I need to explain why I'm an Echelon.

First, I'll explain who are the Echelon. The Echelon are the people that follow the band 30 Seconds to Mars. Being an Echelon means much more than listen to their music. It means feeling what their lyrics say, understand the meaning of their philosophy, enjoy their music, love their songs, cry when you listen to Alibi... It means that you hair stand on end when you identify with what they're saying. It's not so much important that you've gone to one of their concerts. The important thing is understand. Undestand everything that 30 Seconds to Mars says to the world.


And, maybe you'll be asking yourself what the fuck is 30 Seconds to Mars. Well, I'll tell you right now. 30 Seconds to Mars is an alternative rock band, integrated by Jared Leto, Shannon Leto and (since 2003) Tomo Milicevic. Everything started when Jared felt the needing of expressed everything he felt to the entire world. And he decided doing it by the music. Shannon listened to him and decided to support him in his project. So this was the start of 30 Seconds to Mars. In 2003, they released their first album, called as the band: "30 Seconds to Mars". In this album, Leto brothers and their band tried to bring something new to the music. They just created a world, a new world, but it wasn't so personal as "A beautiful lie". In this second album, they wanted to explore an entirely new and more intimate acoustic place. About "A beautiful lie" album, Jared said: "The first record I created a world, then hid behind it. With "A Beautiful Lie" was time to take a more personal and less cerebral. Although this record is still full of conceptual elements and thematic ideas it is ultimately much more wrapped around the heart than the head. It's about brutal honesty , growth, change. it's an incredibly intimate look into a life that is at the crossroads. A raw emotional journey. A story of life, love, death, pain, joy and passion. from what is to be a human." So, you could understand now how make you feel the songs of this album. It includes songs as the one who gives the name to the album, "A beautiful lie", wich aims to give information about global warming and their consequences, and make people aware about the problem. Other songs like "The kill", makes you going crazy and is more reflective, driven by beautifully complex guitars and a primal beat that segue into an epic, anthemic chorus. "Was it a dream" is an intimate experience, melodic, and surreal, pulsing with a moody rhythm. After the success got with this second album, 30 Seconds to Mars worked very hard for four years to create their third album, "This is War" which was published in 2009. "This is War" is a call for people to worry about things happening in the whole world, such as wars, injustice or the new class and elitist society- At the same time, 30 Seconds to Mars try with this new creation to encourage people to take risks and try to change the world in any way that's possible to make it a better place for everyone. These are ideas that I'm really feel identified with, and that made me think a lot about the world and humanity.

30 Seconds to Mars is more than a band. It's the music to thos who feel lost in a mad world. It's a way to discharge energy by the music. It's a philosophy of live that defends peace, truth and fraternity. They're trying so hard to tell us we have to be humans, but for good not for bad. We have to search for an equilibration for the world. We have to stop fighting for stupid things and start working hard to make the world a better place to live in. They don't want anybody to feel alone. The don't want anybody to feel as a freak and to be displaced for this. They just make a call to arms of love and life.

I discover the band thanks to Jared Leto, in 2005 or 2006 (I don't remember exactly). He's also an actor and I saw him at "Alexander" movie. I fell in love with him inmediately and searched information about that actor who was driving me crazy. This way, I found that he had a band called "30 Seconds to Mars". So, I searched in youtube a video of that band and I found "The Kill". Yes, "The Kill" was the first song I listened of 30 Seconds to Mars and fell in love for ever from the band. Since then, I've been listening to 30 Seconds to Mars music almost everyday of my life. I especially love Jared Leto and he has become one of my biggest idols (both as a musician and singer as a person).

So, these are my reasons to love 30 Seconds to Mars and to be an Echelon. When I feel stressed, sad, angry, desperate or alone, I listen to their songs and at once I feel so much better. I have learned a lot with their songs, their lyrics, their music. I have screamed until I be hoarse. I have cried an ocean of tears with songs as "Alibi" or "Was it a dream". I laughed and enjoyed when I first saw a concert of them. They have given to me lots of things without asking for anyhting. They have taught me feeling. They have given life to me when I felt I was dead. They have, simply, become part of my life. And I know I'll always love them. Because they're like my brothers, they are like my angels, they are like everything I want.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario